Associate Category Manager
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
- Responsible for merchandise analysis, merchandising of WEB collections-manage to maximize sales and profitability, vendor quote sheets, GM calculation sheets, sample requests. Meet or exceed gross margin and EBITDA objectives.
- Communicate with photography on sample shoots.
- Maintain line list, live date list.
- Produce leadership deck weekly-capture historical data and learning's for the development of seasonal assortment plans. Collection analysis across all PODs weekly, monthly re-merch.
- Email approval.
- Update headquarters PowerPoint with new items.
- Liaison with VR for CSI and boxing, monthly updates for costing for gift merchandise categories.
- Coordinate interfaces among merchandising, marketing, and operations.
- Work with Director on product development. Learn all aspects of planning, purchase order, data base and Procureit.
- Collect product samples and quote sheets from vendors on new product
- Put new products through Gross margin Calculator, attach to quote sheets, review with team
- Set up new product codes
- Work with VR to insure packaging meets requirements, proper weights are used and best shipping method is agreed upon
- Line list management
- Prep LDL list, check weekly for additions and updates
- Prep turn-over for marketing meeting for LDL list
- Merch WEB
- Work with Photo Studio on all shots
- Work in data base
- Prep for fashion show products and documents
- Work on products to push
- Analyze data sets report on findings
- Develop product line (PD)
Inventory Management and Control, Reporting
- Monitor penetration report
- Reconcile receipt discrepancies with Procureit system
- Daily inventory management
- Monitor supply inventory at fulfillment centers
- Daily inventory maintenance by SKU
- Sales by hour
- Communicate inventory concerns to Planning and Vendor Relations
- Track receivables in Oracle and supply PO's
- Merchandising Performance Management
- Daily reporting on sales, revenue & gross margin by product, collection
- Publish/monitor inventory shipment/sell-thru summary
- Develop demand plans, from bottoms up, by category, product & component projections by week, month, quarter
- Test & execute what if scenarios on the models
Sales and Operating Plan
- Lead & develop the establishment of a Sales & Operating process
- Month end inventory consolidation and reporting
- Inventory obsolescence reporting, disposition
- Month end inventory planning
- Projections for monthly plans
- Sales tracker, sales vs. plan, sales trends
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.