Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
- Meet or exceed gross margin and EBITDA objectives.
- Capture historical data, competitive analysis, macro-economic data, and learning's for the development of the seasonal assortment plans.
- Work collaboratively with the team on the development and execution of seasonal assortment plans.
- Communicate consumer buying behavior and product attribute direction to the Merchandising team on a daily and quarterly basis in preparation for product development.
- Develop and execute promotional marketing plans to drive incremental and profitable sales.
- Manage website merchandising to maximize sales and profitability.
- Monitor and maximize sales based on product trends and product metrics. Utilize Core Metrics.
- Analyze the current business and apply lessons learned to optimize future business.
- Responsible for communicating to the Service Center on key items, seasonal and everyday assortments, promotional and marketing offers to keep the agents well informed on all relevant products in the line.
- Participate in the development of relevant products and product assortments and participate in the coordination of launching these products to the consumer.
- Monitor product gross margins and be mindful of cost/retail related changes that may modify gross margin.
- Efficiently manage product assortments by reporting on performance metrics weekly such as sales, top 10 products, sub-category analysis, conversion metrics, and LY and budget comparisons.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop timely, targeted, and compelling offers to support key items and key assortments that are linked to our current marketing campaigns and headquarter statements and key item and everyday merchandising plans.
- Consistent monitoring and tracking of products through daily verification of codes, duplicate codes, product images, product copy, recipes, product live and expiration dates, etc.
- Analyze product performance metrics to ascertain sku performance to determine next steps.
- Be mindful of aged inventories by developing appropriate exit strategies for reducing ownership.
Essential Duties and Resposibilities
- Manage product set up with merchandising operations partner. - 10%
- Create merchandising reports to analyze and develop action plans. - 35%
- Merchandise collections based on metrics and relevant analytics. - 25%
- Quarterly competitive patterning review for key collections. - 10%
- Work with marketing and planning to assess product marketing plans and determine appropriate product selections based on acceptable GM parameters. - 20%
Education and/or Experience
- 2 to 3+ years of retail experience with demonstrated experience in website merchandising
- Ecommerce and multi-channel experience a plus
- Buying, planning, and product development experience a plus
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, and other related retail databases
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills - ability to develop plans, capture and analyze data, summarize findings and implement initiatives
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to examine the competition and apply observations for product development direction
- Coremetrics knowledge a plus
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases
- Ability to problem solve
- High level of understanding retail mathematics and gross margin parameters
- Light travel, not regular
- Extra days and hours required at specific holiday periods, including weekends and late nights
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.