Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
Marketing and business development support for:
- The Sympathy occasion (corporately) across channels including research and development, customer service support, includes quantitative analysis
- Third party and partnership marketing efforts - day to day monitoring of list rental and exchange activities for all brands; internal and external communication re: relationships and documentation of new and assigned partnership efforts stemming from our vetting process
- General miscellaneous support as required for increased productivity and communication across channels and brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sympathy-related support including, but not limited to: Liaising with channel leaders with a special focus on the phone/telecommunications channel; regular reporting on results from all channels, especially from our Affiliate and separate category-specific Partnership efforts; developing and monitoring competitive marketplace tracking and those activities which support our building authority in this category - 65%
2. Partnership marketing support - documenting opportunities and "closing the loop" with interested parties, as well as gathering updates from assigned (internal) parties and benchmarking program results - 20%
3. Monitoring daily List Rental and Exchange activities as well as all developing Third Party Marketing efforts; includes working with acquisition teams and processing sister list requests - 10%
4. Special projects as assigned - e.g. Compliance-related tasks involving privacy and potential purchasing decisions - 5%
Total for all functions: Total: 100%
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred, partnership marketing and/or related customer acquisition/list business experience desired.
- Basic mathematical and reasoning ability as well as proficiency in MS Excel is required, all MS Office (Powerpoint, Word, etc.) skill set also required. SAS and/or basic understanding of SAS and other data access tools a plus.
- The ideal candidate will possess effective communication skills accompanied by an eagerness to learn; please do note that some of the subject matter dealt with on a daily basis includes funeral/memorial-related dialogues which cam make some people uncomfortable.
After training, candidate should be able to understand the implications of day-to-day decisions and communications in order to make independent decisions and represent our organization in a professional manner.
Heavy computer use; should be able to lift heavy packages from time-to-time (50 lbs. max).
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.