Join us, 1-800-Flowers.com, for a “Just Because” Twitter Party on August 14th, 2014 at 8pm EST! Get ready to share all your just because moments and talk about the inspirational impact of making someone else smile. Click here to RSVP and qualify for over $350 in prizes and giveaways!
2014 #CelebrateJustBecause Twitter Party
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON TWITTER.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® 2014 #CelebrateJustBecause Twitter Party (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00 pm EDT on Thursday 8/14/14 and ends approximately at 9:00 pm EDT on Thursday 8/14/14 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER/PARTICIPATE: You must be 18 or older and have or open an account on Twitter.com to participate in the Sweepstakes. Accounts are free and can be opened by visiting Twitter.com.
To enter the Sweepstakes you must do three things:
1. You must follow 1-800-Flowers.com on Twitter (@1800Flowers) during the Sweepstakes Promotion Period.
2. You must RSVP before the Promotion Period, here: /twitter/just-because-twitter-party.php
3. You must use the hashtag #CelebrateJustBecause in tweets when responding to the posted questions from @1800Flowers on Twitter during the Promotion Period.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Sweepstakes are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering and using the promoted hashtag (#CelebrateJustBecause) you understand that a) the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use your entry and/or excerpts of your entry in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries or portions thereof on its website, social media accounts/pages, advertising. etc; b) you grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and c) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
Twenty (20) winners will be selected in total. Each winner will receive one (1) of the prizes listed below. The list of prizes and the number of each prize that will be given out (in no particular order):
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® – Lucky Gerbera Daisy, PC #101632 – ARV of $29.99 USD
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® – Red Roses, 24 stems (clear vase), PC # 107074 – ARV of $35.99 USD
– Cheryl’s® – Happy Face Treats Box, PC # 141178 – ARV $22.99 USD
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® -Warm Sunset Bouquet in Blue Mason Jar, PC # 100589 – ARV $39.99 USD
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® – 30 Days of Inspirational Quotes, PC # 89775 – ARV of $10.00 USD each (2 winners to be selected)
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® – Assorted Rose & Peruvian Lily, PC # 100545 – ARV of $41.99 USD
– 1-800-BASKETS.COM® – Candy Bar Pretzels, PC # 93617 – ARV $24.99 USD
– The Popcorn Factory® Munchies Snack Assortment, PC # 106023 – ARV $39.00 USD
– 1800FLOWERS.COM® – Vibrant Blooms Bouquet, PC # 107308 – ARV $54.99 USD
– Cheryl’s® – Have a Happy Day Cookie Card (M), PC # 106611 – ARV $5.00 USD each (10 winners selected)
Total ARV of all prizes is $359.93 USD.
4. WINNER SELECTION: During the Promotion Period Twenty (20) individual questions will be posted by the Sponsor and Twenty (20) winners selected. The format will be as follows: A question will be posted by Sponsor along with a time frame in which to respond to that specific question. All responses that are eligible entries to that specific question that are received within the stated time frame will be pooled together and a random winner selected. This process will be repeated until all twenty (20) questions are asked and entries collected. Drawings will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for each question. Non-winning entries will not be rolled over into the next question drawing. Prizes will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by mention and/or direct message on Twitter. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prizes are unavailable.
5. GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account associated with the submitted entry. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry who have or open an account on Twitter.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit /blog/1800flowers-office-culture/twitter-party-justbecause-2014-rules/ from approximately 8/15/14 through 9/15/14.
8. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes are 800-FLOWERS, INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
10. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Twitter.com.