CARLE PLACE, NY- Every year, the 1-800-Flowers.com office hosts a Diwali celebration. If you missed our post on what Diwali is and how it’s celebrated, check it out here! In short, Diwali is known as the “festival of lights” and celebrates hope, knowledge, good (over evil), and light (over darkness). Check out a few photos from our celebration on October 28th, 2016.
NEW YORK, NY – On Wednesday, October 26th, 2016, Pencils of Promise celebrated their 6th annual Gala at Cipriani Wall Street in Manhattan. In case you didn’t catch last year’s Gala post, Pencils of Promise (PoP) is a non-profit organization that supports education for children in developing countries by building schools, supporting teachers, providing school supplies, and overall increasing educational opportunities for children in Ghana, Guatemala, Laos and Nicaragua.
Here at 1-800-Flowers.com, we love cacti and flowers, which means we especially love flowering cacti. We came across some of Greg Krehel’s amazing timelapse videos of echonopsis cactus flowers during their blooming cycle and had SO many questions. Luckily, Greg was able to answer some of these for us and we thought you may be interested in Greg’s impressive artwork, too!
In addition to flowers, we also love cats! With that said, we hope these cute cats with flowers pictures helps make you smile!
“This basket is definitely not as comfy as Mom’s bed.”
“I get by with a little help from my friends” — The Beatles
In honor of friends everywhere and Friendship Day on Sunday, August 7th, we decided to celebrate our BFFs with the timeless tradition of friendship bracelets! Consisting of a series of tied knots, friendship bracelets represent the strong and unbroken bond between two friends, and they look pretty, too! 🙂
Whether making a friendship bracelet as a gift for your closest friend, or organizing a party to make bracelets with a group of friends, the sentimental value of handmade bracelets is priceless! Just like every friend, each bracelet is unique, and can be made to fit your bestie’s personality, so take out your string and let’s get crafty with these easy-to-follow instructions below! Continue Reading…
JONES BEACH, NY – On Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 1800Flowers.com participated in the Marcum Workplace Challenge. Since 2005, the Marcum Workplace Challenge has brought Long Island businesses together for the amazing cause to help raise money for various charities. Annually held at Jones Beach State Park, the race features a 3.5 mile course followed by a picnic. Event participation is so great, that it is actually Long Island’s largest office picnic. This year, 1-800-Flowers.com was happy to have a team of 75 people participate in the challenge! Some even brought their families, too!
Participating Charities (including but not limited to):
- The Long Island Children’s Museum
- Long Island Cares, Inc., and more specifically, the Harry Chapin Food Bank
- The Children’s Medical Fund of New York
- Nassau County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Enjoy Free Shipping/No Service with 1800Flowers’ Loyalty Program
In case you haven’t already been in the know, we wanted to let you in on a little family secret that we are thrilled to share with all of you. 1-800-Flowers.com is proud to present a family of brands membership program that allows you to get free shipping on ALL of our gifts, ALL year long.
If you’re into things like free shipping and rewards points, then our Passport membership program may be the perfect way to make your gifting easier (and more economical) than ever before.
- Not to be redundant, but we really need to ride this one home :). Get FREE unlimited standard 2 business day shipping / no service charge on all eligible orders.
- Our family is pretty awesome, and lucky members will get to enjoy perks from our ENTIRE family of brands. That includes 1-800-Flowers, 1-800-Baskets, FruitBouquets.com, Cheryl’s, The Popcorn Factory, Wolferman’s, and Harry & David.
- All of your purchases are put into one shared account for easy checkout between brands.
- There is no minimum order size which helps you gift (or receive) unlimited deliveries.
- No promo code is needed so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to add it to your order! Just sign in and it’s automatically applied.
- Since you are VIP, get exclusive member-only special offers and product previews.
- Never forget another occasion again with friendly gift reminders when important birthdays, anniversaries and holidays are coming up with Celebrations Reminders®.
- Need a last-minute gift? No problem. Send last-minute gifts with same-day flower delivery for a reduced shipping rate.
- Celebrations Rewards: Get 1 point for every $1 spent. For every 200 points earned, you receive a $20 Savings Pass!
- Receive a FREE anniversary gift as a thank you for being a loyal customer.
Click here to visit our official Celebrations Passport page to signup and get all of the info you need about the program!
NEW YORK, NY – On Wednesday, May 4th, 2016, 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc. Executive Chairman Jim McCann & CEO Chris McCann rang in the Opening Bell at the Nasdaq MarketSide in honor of Mother’s Day.
This is 1-800-Flowers 17th time ringing in the opening bell, so they’re really starting to get the hang of it! 😉
CARLE PLACE, NY – On Thursday, April 29th, 2016, 1-800-Flowers.com celebrated Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day at the corporate headquarters in Long Island. Every year 1-800-Flowers.com has an amazing time participating in Take Your Child to Work Day, to help teach today’s youth about different employment opportunities.
This year’s Take Your Child to Work Day agenda was a “home run!” In addition to taking a tour to learn about different areas of our business from marketing to merchandising, our young guests also received hands-on decorating and design experience. From a floral design class with one of our top designers, to dipping strawberries in chocolate from one of our FruitBouquets.com experts, to creatively decorating Cheryl’s cookies and popcorn balls, the kids had a lot of fun, while learning, too! As an added bonus, the children also got to meet a very special guest! But enough writing, we’ll let the pictures do the talking to give you a “play-by-play” of this special day!
Decorating Chocolate Strawberries with FruitBouquets.com
The kids started out the day with a presentation about FruitBouquets.com. Talented Designer Diana taught the kids all of her tricks of the trade on how to dip the perfect chocolate covered strawberries! Within minutes, the kids were able to create (and eat :)) their own chocolate berries!
To make this Mother’s Day link to mothers day flowers even more beautiful for mom, we partnered up with Drew Barrymore and her Flower Beauty line to bring mom gifts as beautiful as she is. While supplies last, all purchases of our Blush & Bloom arrangement (farm fresh pink roses a sparkly diamond vase), will also include complimentary popular lip products from Drew Barrymore’s beauty line, FLOWER, for free!