Happy BirthYAY by 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Happy BirthYAY by 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Sweepstakes (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM EDT on 4/1/2019 and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on 3/31/2020 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: You must be 18 or older at the time of entry and have or open an account on Facebook.com to participate in the Sweepstakes. Accounts are free and can be opened by visiting Facebook.com. One (1) winner will be randomly selected each month.
THREE EASY STEPS:
Each month during the Entry period, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® will post the Sweepstakes question in a post on its Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/1800flowers/.
Step 1: Check out 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/1800flowers/ each month during the Entry Period for the post with that month’s Sweepstakes question.
Step 2: Review and accept the Official Rules. The Official Rules are located in the first comment of the Sweepstakes question post and you must “Like” the first comment to acknowledge that you accept and agree to the Official Rules.
Step 3: Respond to the Sweepstakes post question, use Hashtag #Sweepstakes
You must answer each month’s Sweepstakes question post during that applicable calendar month, the answer must be in a comment to that month’s Sweepstakes question post and you must include #Sweepstakes. You may only answer each month’s question once for an Entry with a maximum of one (1) Entry per month and a maximum of twelve (12) total entries per person possible during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
2.1. ENTRY CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Entries received a) each must be unique and created exclusively by the entrant submitting b) cannot have been previously entered into a sweepstakes, contest or have been published c) cannot not be awaiting publication nor may it be submitted for publication consideration during or after the Entry Period; and d) the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Entries must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- We are a family friendly company so each Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where submission is created.
2.2 ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Sweepstakes are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering on Facebook.com and using the promoted hashtag #Sweepstakes you understand that a) the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use your entry and excerpts of your entry (including photos) in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries or portions thereof on its website, blogs, social media accounts/pages, advertising. etc; b) you have acquired all permissions necessary and grant any and all necessary rights and licenses to use you entry as provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and c) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): There will be one (1) winner each month from April 2019 through March 2020 for a total on twelve (12) winners. The prizes for each month are as follows:
April 2019 – Spring Passion™ Tulips, 30 Stems with French Flower Pail (product code 147128, ARV $61.99 USD)
May 2019 – Magnificent Roses™ Preserved Pink One Dozen (product code 156624, ARV $150 USD)
June 2019 – Sorbet Roses™, 36 Stems with Purple Vase (product code 100550, ARV $71.99 USD)
July 2019 – a-DOG-able® in a Basket (product code 161097, ARV $59.99 USD)
August 2019 – Succulents by Lula’s Garden Large (product code 157433, ARV $54.99 USD)
September 2019 – Vibrant Blooms™ Bouquet, Double Bouquet with Green Vase (product code 107308, ARV $61.99 USD)
October 2019 – Sunflower Bouquet, 20 Stems with Clear Vase (product code 95044, ARV $64.99 USD)
November 2019 – Bonfire Warmth Orchid, (product code 157180, ARV $79.99 USD)
December 2019 – Wonderful Wishes™ Bouquet (product code 167006, ARV $69.99 USD)
January 2020 – Wild Beauty Chloe, with French Flower Pail (product code 160112, ARV $64.99 USD)
February 2020 – Magnificent Roses™ Preserved Red (product code 156598, $150 USD)
March 2020 – Kaleidoscope Roses™, 24 Stems with Purple Vase (product code 140157 $86.99 USD)
The total ARV of all prizes is $977.90 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s) they receive.
- WINNER SELECTION: A Winner will be randomly selected within a few days after the end of each calendar month during the Entry Period from all eligible entries received during that prior specific calendar month. For example at the end of April 2019 a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received from 4/1/2019 through 4/30/2019 and at the end of May another winner will be selected from all eligible entries received from 5/1/2019 through 5/31/2019. Non-winning entries will not be rolled over into subsequent months. Drawings will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will vary and are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during each applicable month’s drawing. Prizes will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by email. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prize are unavailable. Limit one prize per entrant during the Sweepstakes.
April 2019 – M.A Spencer
May 2019 – C. Spears
June 2019 – S. Lockhart
July 2019 – A. Riley
August 2019 – D. Herron
September 2019 – A. Prejean
October 2019 – J. Swann
November 2019 – A. Lacroix
December 2019 – B. Justice
January 2020 – K. Blair
February 2020 – M. Wall
March 2020 – JF Wilson
- GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook.com account associated with the submitted entry. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry who have or open an account on facebook.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit https://www.1800flowers.com/blog/contests/happy-birthyay-sweepstakes/ from approximately 5/15/2019 through 4/15/2020.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes are 800-FLOWERS, INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
- GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.com. By entering entrants release Facebook.com from any and all liability with regards to the Sweepstakes
© 2019 800-FLOWERS, INC.