BE THE REASON…sm MOM GOES TO THE BEACH 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® 2015 BE THE REASON…sm MOM GOES TO THE BEACH Sweepstakes (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 PM EST on 4/17/2015 and ends at 11:59 AM EST on 5/8/2015 (the “Entry Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: You must be 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry and have or open an account on Facebook.com to participate in the Sweepstakes. Accounts are free and can be opened by visiting Facebook.com. Limit one entry per person per day.
2.1 There is One Step to enter: Simply fill out all required fields on the entry form and tell us a favorite memory with your mom (or as a mom)…something that made you laugh, cry or smile. You can even include a photo and photo may be featured in social media so make sure to follow the content guidelines in Section 2.2 & 2.3 (entry form and any optional photo are collectively the “Entry”). Form located on the 1800Flowers.com Facebook fan page located at https://www.facebook.com/1800flowers.
2.2 ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Promotion are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering you understand that a) the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use your entry and excerpts of your entry in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries or portions thereof on its website, Facebook page, advertising. etc.; b) you grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and c) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor
2.3 Entry Content Restrictions:
a. The Entry must be a picture you took or one that you have the right to use and have the rights to grant to us for use. You must also have the permission of all the individuals in the picture to use the photo as part of your Sweepstakes Entry.
b. The Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
c. The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
d. We are a family friendly company so each Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
e. Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a prize consisting of a four-day/three-night Luxury Included® stay for two (2) adults and two (2) children age 15 and under to any of the three Beaches Resorts located in Turks & Caicos or Jamaica. (Airfare is not included) These Beaches Resorts include:
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa – Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa – Negril, Jamaica
Beaches Ocho Rios a Spa, Golf & Waterpark Resort – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
ARV = $3,500 USD
3.1 PRIZE DETAILS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Beaches Resorts is a Luxury Included® resort destination. Therefore the Grand Prize will include accommodations (one room – 2 adults, 2 children age [15 and under]), all meals, unlimited premium brand beverages, daily & nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, gratuities, and transfers to and from the resort designated airport.
• Airfare is not included. Telephone calls, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes and purchases made at the Beaches Specialty Shops are not included.
• Prize must be redeemed for travel within one year from the promotion end date (May 8, 2015 – May 8, 2016) and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
• Please note: This prize is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. Reservations will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to the selected travel date. Beaches Resorts reserves the right to relocate any confirmed prizewinner from their resort of choice to an alternate resort within our chain based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.
• Winner may be required to provide a credit card to cover incidentals and related expenses at the time of each booking or check-in. Winner and guests must sign and return a publicity release before travel arrangements are made. The Grand Prize Winner and Guests must have all necessary identification and travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport, visa (if applicable) and all other necessary travel documents). Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by Unique Travel, Corp. or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Grand Prize Winner and Guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
• BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
• No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or transport. Failure to complete the trip prize does not relieve the applicable winner of his or her tax obligations associated with winning the prize. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners for the actual value of the prize(s) received.
4. Release: By entering, participants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each such party’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 5/8/2015 from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Drawing will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Prize will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by e-mail. Prizes are nontransferable, assignable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prizes are unavailable. Limit one prize per entrant during the Sweepstakes.
6. GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account associated with the submitted entry. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry who have or open an account on Facebook.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. (“Sponsor”), Unique Travel, Corp. and their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
8. WINNERS LIST: For the name(s) of the winner(s), visit the Winners Section from approximately 5/15/2015 through 6/30/2015.
9. SPONSOR & ADMINITRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes are 800-FLOWERS, INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., UNIQUE TRAVEL, CORP. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
11. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
© 2015 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC.