Mother’s Day comes just once a year, making it that much more crucial that you plan a day that’s absolutely perfect! Of course you have 364 other days to spend with mom, but on a day that’s specifically dedicated to her, we bet you’ll want to make the most out of it, right?
If you’re on the search for an activity or two that will have mom smiling from ear to ear this year, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got you covered – here are 15 Mother’s Day activities for you to choose from:
- Watch a movie. For those who prefer to keep your celebration more low key, start or end the day with a movie date! There are tons of amazing Mother’s Day movies out there, so see if you can find something both you and mom have never seen before and cuddle up on the couch with popcorn in hand!
- Have breakfast in bed. Although the idea is to bring mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day morning, we bet she’d love to have you join her. So, after you’ve whipped up her favorite meal and delivered it to her bedside, make a plate for yourself and enjoy the food together!
- Go to the spa. Every mom could use a little R&R, so treat her to a spa day! After all, nothing says rest and relaxation more than a massage and some pampering does. Just be sure to make an appointment in advance so that you can guarantee a spot in case others have the same idea! If you’d rather do a spa day-in, give her a spa gift basket that she can use to pamper herself.
- Treat her to dinner. Does mom do most of the cooking in your house? If she spends most of her time in the kitchen, give her the night off and treat her to a nice dinner at one of her favorite restaurants! Similar to what we mentioned in activity number three, make a reservation ahead of time if you can to guarantee a table.
- Go wine tasting. If mom is a fan of wine, spend the day at a winery near you! Wine tasting is the perfect spring activity, and doing it with mom will make it that much more special for the both of you. Or, if you’re feeling creative, plan your own Mother’s Day Wine Tasting at home!
- Plant flowers. Spring is the perfect time to start shaping up the garden, so buy some of mom’s favorite bulbs, then lend a helping hand and start planting!
- Take a day trip. We bet you’d be surprised at how many amazing places there are to visit and see around town, which is why we recommend planning a day trip with mom! Although it would be nice to travel overseas or to a tropical island, we’re certain you can find some pretty amazing local attractions that you both haven’t seen yet.
- Have a picnic. Weather permitting, head to your local park and treat mom to a picnic lunch! When it comes time to choose what to pack, think about her favorite on-the-go type meals and snacks – she’ll love it!
- Watch home movies. We’re sure you and mom have a ton of memories together, and if you have them on tape, even better! There’s nothing like taking a trip down memory lane to relive some of your best and favorite moments.
- Go for a hike. Spend some time outdoors and take mom on a hike on one of your favorite trails! Physical activity is so important for each and every one of us, and by hiking together, you can make exercising that much more enjoyable!
- Bake. Have a dessert recipe that’s been in your family for years? Pull it out of your recipe book and work with mom to bake a treat that will have both your mouths watering! Even if you don’t have a family recipe to follow, you can still make some magic in the kitchen by baking mom’s favorite sweets.
- Go shopping. Moms are often the ones treating their children to a shopping spree, so reverse roles on Mother’s Day and treat her to one! With summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to seek out her must-have outfits!
- Volunteer. Find a local charity or organization that could use a helping hand and donate some of your time. Not only will you be giving back to your community and helping others, but this is also the perfect opportunity to strengthen the bond between you and mom.
- Take a class. Is there something mom has always wanted to learn or sharpen her skills at? If so, see if you can find a class near you that you can participate in together! Some examples include a paint class or a cooking class!
- Play games. Bring everyone together for game night featuring all of mom’s favorite games! And don’t forget about the snacks – no game night is complete without them!
What activities do you have planned for Mother’s Day? If you have something else in mind that isn’t on our list, be sure to share it with us!