Associate Merchandise Manager
Location: Carle Place NY
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC., a leading gift company is looking to hire a professional and highly organized Associate Merchandise Manager responsible for developing and executing the product strategies and managing the everyday merchandising process for the Plant category to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and profit margins.
Plants is a substantial product category for the 1-800-Flowers.com brand, representing a comprehensive assortment of both Indoor and Outdoor Plant Gifts to further enhance the needs of the brand's new and existing customer base. The Associate Merchandise Manager will work closely with the Director of Merchandising and other merchandising peers to deliver a world class product presentation and shopping experience through website merchandising and site optimization. The Associate Merchandise Manager will also work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, and product development to further deliver the product strategy via a broad range of mediums such as online, print, phone, radio, TV, and email. The Merchandise Manager will drive sales, conversion, margin, inventory turn, site optimization, and manage web KPIs.
- Oversee Merchandising on the web, in e-mails, direct mail, and phone to maximize profitability, revenue, and consumer appeal.
- Analyze and report on performance by managing website KPI's, category conversions and AOV and rationalize all SKU's –eliminate poorly performing products and sub categories.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop product and promotional plans to maximize sales, conversion, margin and inventory turn
- Create quarterly assortment plans and drive the product strategy in collaboration with the Product Development team.
- Fully understand the competitive marketplace from a product, pricing and website perspective.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Concentration in Marketing, Merchandising, or Buying a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in Buying, Planning, Marketing, and/or Web/Retail Merchandising required.
- Strong analytical & reasoning skills required. Experience with Coremetrics or Google Analytics a plus but not imperative.
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills a must.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Reasonable understanding of how customers shop online and in what ways that differs from their in-store shopping experience and habits.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional groups, yet willing to challenge merchandising decisions that do not align with e-commerce strategy.
- Excellent time management skills and strong sense of urgency, with ability to multitask and work autonomously.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.