Manager of Business Gift Services (Corporate Sales)
Business Gift Services
Location: Columbus, OH
Immediate Supervisor: VP / General Manager
Primary Purpose and Function:
In accordance with the established mission, policies and procedures of Cheryl&Co. and/or specific instructions from the SVP of Sales and Marketing, the Manager of Business Gift Services is responsible for the management, development and coordination of the Business Gift Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the management, development, and coordination of Business Gift Services strategic planning, projections, sales management, and sales analysis. Develops sales and marketing objectives, establishes quotas, manages budgets and evaluates sales performance. Key contributor in developing Early Order Discount programs. Works with Marketing to develop marketing programs and materials such as advertising, event support, and online promotions. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Develop a process for accurate sales forecasting – both annually and by season - to be updated on a bi-weekly basis (or as needed)
- Develop process for collecting, reviewing, and understanding competitive best practices with recommendations and implications for our business
- Define ideal sales position and clarity of actions for success, e.g. # of calls/day, number of new customers, commission structure, etc. Recommendation for implementation.
- Manage sales team daily, review call lists daily, monitor calls, provide coaching
- Establish annual goals for department and sales reps and develop key metrics to communicate progress versus these goals and hold individuals accountable for achieving these goals.
- Revise, clarify, and implement corporate custom gift process - focus on fast turnaround time, providing relevant alternatives, margin requirements, brand guidelines
- Define target customers and develop a contact strategy for each target customer. Include multiple strategies for accessing decision makers
- Develop business gift services reports and customer analysis to develop a full understanding of the business.
- Manage the data entry component of the BGS channel
BS/BA Degree with previous a minimum of 10 years Sales and Sales Management experience.
Candidate should possess strong people skills, motivational capability, and strong customer focus. In addition, they should have strong business knowledge and the ability to develop business plans and strategies. They will also be required to "show coach" their team to build the sales skills and success of the team.
Minimum 45 hour work week. M-F 8-5:30pm. Additional hours including weekends may be required during peak seasons.
Complexity: Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Must be able to write and interpret business correspondence and procedure manuals. Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must have the ability to hire, train, and motivate others to higher levels of performance. Must display Senior leadership abilities to the organization.
Working Conditions: Most of the time will be spent in an office environment. Some of the time will be spent at a desk using various office equipment including a computer, fax machine, telephone, etc. Much of the time will be spent conducting meetings and training and development of associates within all areas of responsibility. Some travel may be involved.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle control, and to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to bend and twist. The associate may be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Safety/ Hazards: This position requires the ability to understand and follow policy and procedures of safety rules and regulations.
Must be familiar with office equipment.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.