Location: Carle Place, NY
- Responsible for insuring available inventory at the fulfillment centers through performing buying functions for both:
- Hard-good add on & accessory components for direct fulfilled Floral, Gifts, Plants and Fruit Bouquets.
- Hard-good supply components: fulfillment boxes, labels, care card, floral preservative packets, cable-ties, sponges, rubber bands, cello bags, sleeves, auto bags, etc. (Actual procured product designs to be determined by Merchandising)
- Support the company's top quality image on all products, by receiving, organizing and managing suppliers' product information including component costs, spec's, lead time and availability.
- Follow procurement planning calendar, insuring top quality products, cost parities, on time production and on-time delivery.
- Manage on-time service levels to all fulfillment centers with prioritization of daily PO receiving and invoice reconciliation activities with suppliers.
- Optimize company sales and gross profits through the maintenance of accurate company buying records.
- Create beneficial partnerships with suppliers who support the company's freshness image; and maintain the integrity of the products throughout all phases of the supply chain.
- Assist inventory managers in tracking Period close inventory counts by location and component.
- Work with Planners and Inventory Managers to develop hardgood pairing run rates that incorporate on hand inventory combined with inbound shipments.
- Provide daily updates to the supervisor, participate in regular staff meetings, and execute other good communication practices to keep all superiors informed or important information.
- Ensure core attendance policies, remain open to new processes and initiatives and execute all other activities set forth by supervisor.
- Cross-train with other Procurement team members.
- Requisition to purchase order process and supplier communications 50%
- Maintain accurate requisition, purchase orders and invoice records 20%
- Assist in Period close inventory and hardgood pairing calculations 25%
- Order Quality Assurance mystery shops 5%
- Management of tactical supplier relationships and responsible of accuracy of inbound shipment POs.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years office management in buying or analytics role.
- Strength in Microsoft Excel.
- Capable in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.