Jr. Performance Test Engineer
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
QA Performance Test Engineer - Will work on QA team with responsibility of Performance and Stress testing various brand applications utilizing Loadrunner/Microsoft Visual Studio &/or Neoload tools. This position will report to the Quality Assurance Director.
- Develops Test Plans to address the testing needs of load, stress and performance testing.
- Develops, executes and analyzes the load tests.
- Implements software quality assurance standards and processes.
- Maintains the quality and overall integrity of the test data.
- Creates defects when issues are uncovered.
- Writes, implements and reports status for all load testing scenarios used for testing.
- Analyzes test results and provides explanations of results to help in the tuning process.
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware.
- Understanding of software architecture technologies (e.g. HTML, VB, .Net, XML, Java, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Unix/Linux knowledge).
- Experience with the following protocols: Citrix, HTTP and Web Services.
- Experience with the LoadRunner: Monitors and Analysis tool and Microsoft Visual Studio Suite.
- Experience with software quality assurance methodologies and actual hands-on testing.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals given in a timely fashion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment and alone.
- Ability to formalize test results into a document that communicates findings.
- Experience with test planning, strategy, test script development and test execution.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude and multi-tasking is expected.
- Pluses: HP Loadrunner Certification (CPC, CPS, CI); Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio; Experience with Web services.
- Valid US work authorization (1800Flowers does not provide any sponsorship).
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.