Location: Carle Place NY
As an Operations Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in building our operations team for our web sites. You will be both a guide and a senior contributor for systems infrastructure and operational improvements designed to maximize automation, reliability, availability, scalability and performance. Ultimately, you will be a member of the team that is entrusted to ensure maximum availability and performance of our ecommerce platform.
Some examples of the responsibilities for this role are:
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day availability / performance of our ecommerce platform. This includes proactively analysis all aspects of the platform to identify any potential issues before they become service impacting.
- Ensure all documentation is properly maintained
- Responsible for code deployments and validations
- Responsible for coordinating all OS/DB/WebSphere patching and validation
- Work closely with our Network Operations Center to ensure all aspects of the platform are properly being monitored 24x7x365
- Work closely with our Information Security team to be aware of any security related matters. This includes being familiar with various industry (PCI, SOX, etc.) related guidelines.
- This individual will have knowledge of security systems and strategies,
open source applications/systems for code and web systems ,system monitoring and alerting using open source tools.
- Able to take full ownership of specified technology, customer or process issues while building customer/stakeholder relationships
- Provide best-practice guidance, identify potential work-arounds and act as a liaison with all internal stakeholders.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience with tools such as:
- Tivoli, Splunk, Tealeaf, KeyNote, DynaTrace, Akamai
- Minimum 3 years experience working with and/or developing web services / Restful API's
- Knowledge of large scale networks
- Minimum 3 years development experience in Java/J2ee, struts, WebSphere Commerce Suite, Oracle 10G/11G
- Experience with administering and maintaining monitoring systems
- Ability to create/maintain monitoring scripts
- Expert understanding of various desktop and mobile browsers and how they work internally
- Any experience with a multi-vendor "cloud-based" infrastructure a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.