Operations Engineer (E-Commerce)
Location: Carle Place, NY
Hours: 8AM - 5PM (Monday-Friday)*
Report to: Director - E-Commerce Operations, Architecture and Planning
* This position will be required to be on-call for after-hours support as needed.
* Hours may change during holidays busy season.
As an Operations Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in building our operations team for our web sites. You will be both a guide and a senior contributor for systems infrastructure and operational improvements designed to maximize automation, reliability, availability, scalability and performance. Ultimately, you will be a member of the team that is entrusted to ensure maximum availability and performance of our ecommerce platform.
Some examples of the responsibilities for this role are:
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day availability / performance of our ecommerce platform. This includes proactively analysis all aspects of the platform to identify any potential issues before they become service impacting.
- Ensure all documentation is properly maintained.
- Responsible for application deployments and validations.
- Responsible for coordinating and validating infrastructure and middleware patching.
- Work closely with our Network Operations Center to ensure all aspects of the platform are properly being monitored 24x7x365.
- Work closely with our Information Security team to be aware of any security related matters. This includes compliance with various industry (PCI, SOX, etc.) related guidelines.
- Able to take full ownership of specified technology, customer or process issues while building customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Provide best-practice guidance, identify potential work-arounds and act as a liaison with all internal stakeholders.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- You are extremely reliable and we can count on you in times of need.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well independently.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- You take responsibility for tasks and drive them to completion in collaboration with others.
- BA/BS in computing related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience preferred.
- Script automation experience preferred.
- Web application development experience (with any programming language).
TO APPLY :
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.