An exotic Island oasis. It's a perfect marriage of natural textures: a delicately textured, pink Phalaenopsis orchid paired with a woven herringbone bamboo planter inspired by the traditional basketry of the South China Seas. Perch it on a countertop, table or mantelpiece to evoke the romance of distant lands in your own home.
- Two stems of candy-striped Phalaenopsis, variegated ivy and a soft covering of reindeer moss
- Orchids arrive beautifully blooming
- Natural antique-washed bamboo basket with handle measures 7"H x 6"D
- Plant measures approximately 24"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.