Fragrant and purely serene, our gardenia bonsai brings classic elegance and style to any home. It's a unique gift that friends, family and business associates will appreciate -- and a timeless way to send a smile
- A traditional gardenia bonsai, grown by our plant experts, creates a sculptural design in any setting with graceful and fragrant white blooms
- Arrives in bud form, ready to bloom into full beauty from March through June
- Set in a planter with humidity tray and includes decorative rocks; planter with tray measures 4"H x 5"W x 7"L
- Planter size and color may vary
- Large measures overall approximately 14-16"H
- Small measures overall approximately 8-10"H
Tips on Watering
Careful watering is key to maintaining healthy bonsai. Never allow your bonsai to completely dry out. Watering instructions may vary slightly depending on the tree or plant species. Please refer to the information tag attached to your bonsai for specific information. Over time you will be able to evaluate each particular bonsai's water requirements and create your own watering schedule to accommodate it. Note whether your bonsai is considered an indoor or outdoor tree and refer below to more specific watering tips for each type.
Best results are achieved by watering with a small watering can or hose attachment with a fine-spray nozzle so that water cascades are softer, avoiding blasts to bonsai and potting soil. To water, thoroughly soak the container's soil until water runs out of the bottom drainage holes. Periodic misting of the tree's foliage is also recommended.
Trimming and Pinching
Bonsai trees benefit from trimming to maintain their miniature size and beautiful form. Pinch and trim new growth back to the farthest safe point, being careful not to remove all new growth. For more in-depth tips about trimming (and training) techniques, an instructional book will provide the best, safest recommendations to keep your bonsai in tip-top shape.