EXCLUSIVE You'll have them flocking to the yard every season of the year with this charming birdhouse! Displayed outdoors, the fully functional cottage-style house makes a lovely home for feathered friends as well as a truly original gift for all your favorite bird lovers. Delightfully adorned with a set of interchangeable seasonal decorations on the front of the house to welcome small birds all year long.
- Fully functional, cottage style birdhouse constructed to endure outside elements and complete with lifelike details. This charming birdhouse can be displayed inside or out.
- Features a 1.25"D opening, a removable back wall for easy cleaning, drainage, ventilation and an unpainted interior
- Set of interchangeable picks for the front of the house includes a Christmas Tree for Winter/Christmas, a sunflower for Spring, an American Flag for Summer/4th of July, and a Jack-O-Lantern for Fall/Halloween
- For indoor or outdoor use
- Measures 10"H x 8"W x 9"D
Birds migrate seasonally to the south in the fall in the Middle Atlantic and Northeast states and return in the spring. The types of birds that use a Nest Box (Bird House) (See PG #2 for types of Birds) are looking for a place to build a nest in Mid March and April.
The Mothers look for a secure house that it fixed to a post, tree, fence or the side of a house. Once they find a safe dwelling (One of our houses) they will begin to build a nest by a remarkable process of scouring for available materials of all kind.
Once the nest is completed the Mothers will lay her eggs and protect the nest until the eggs hatch.
The mother will then feed the young Nestlings until they are strong enough to make their way out of the house into the real world. Eventually, the mothers will also abandon the house.
The owner should clean out the old nest (back wall is easily removable) so that the birds can return the following season to an empty and available house.
Home Bazaar’s birding products are both decorative and fully functional.
All of our pieces are designed for outdoor use and satisfy requirements of the most stringent birding enthusiasts.
Our birdhouses feature:
- removable back walls for easy cleaning;
- unpainted interiors; and
- 1 ¼”hole opening designed to accommodate common cavity dwellers such as Wrens, Finches, Chickadees, Nuthatches and Titmice.
The feeders will attract all types of wild birds.
Our houses and feeders are constructed of:
- Exterior grade ply-board for the walls, floor and underlying roof board;
- Kiln-dried hardwoods, pine and poly-resin for the details;
- Western Red Cedar or Pine shingles for the roof; and
- Outdoor, water-based, non-toxic paint.
We have not used any chemicals or sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. Should you wish to preserve the products finish, you should select a polyurethane product that is recommended for marine use and UV rated that will not discolor the paint.
With time, all of our products will need to be refinished when left outdoors. The pine shingles will eventually darken a bit and the piece will become weathered and distressed, but continue to maintain its functionality.