East meets West. The dreamy, star-shaped crimson petals of our Colmanara orchid dangle luxuriously along a bamboo trellis. Balanced with sculpted greenery at the base, this elegant floral design adds a bit of Asian-inspired style to any decor.
- Planter with two crimson-red Oncidium Colmanara Wildcat orchid stems, exotic Calathea foliage, natural birch twigs, and a bamboo trellis
- Orchids arrive beautifully blooming
- Oval antique-washed embossed-metal container measures 7.5"H x 4.25"W x 9.25"L
- Plant measures approximately 26-28"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.