Shine on. A magenta Phalaenopsis orchid blooms brightly amid a swirl of lustrous pearls and silver ting-ting curls. Such a glittering planter is sure to delight; let its unique brilliance reflect your sentiments and personal style. Perfect for gala celebrations.
- Mini magenta Phalaenopsis orchid planter paired with a bed of green reindeer moss, accented by faux-pearl strands and silver ting-ting curls
- Orchid arrives beautifully blooming
- Stylish mirror-mosaic cube container measures 3"H x 2.5"W x 2.5"L; graduated vase 9"H x 4.5"W
- Large includes one large Phalaenopsis orchid and measures 24"H
- Medium planter features two Phalaenopsis and measures 10"H
- Small planter features a single Phalaenopsis and measures 10"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.