The art in nature. Botanists have specially bred orchids to create a unique effect known as "Art Shade", notable for its interesting color variations. Ours is a bright, tropical yellow tinged with green lower-lip petals, giving it the appearance of fluttering wings. This distinctive Dendrobium orchid will create a charming mini-meadow in any decor.
- "Art Shade" Dendrobium duo planter filled with exotic Chinese evergreen, covered with a lush bed of green reindeer moss
- Orchids arrive beautifully blooming
- Art Shade coloration features tiny, green-tinged, lower-lip petals
- Embossed-vine enameled metal container in antique brown measuring 7"H x 7"D
- Plant measures approximately 26"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65º - 75ºF /18º - 24ºC; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.