Our series “Get Crafty” gives you the inspiration for creating inventive DIY projects during the holidays and year-round. Your Mom is one of a kind, so she deserves a truly original Mother’s Day gift. Here’s how to make her a gorgeous DIY candy bouquet.
No one is sweeter than Mom. If she were a food, she be a sugar cookie covered with buttercream frosting and sprinkles. So, while you’re waiting for her fresh Mother’s Day flowers to arrive, get creative and make her a truly original arrangement entirely out of sugary treats!
This gorgeous DIY candy bouquet takes only a few minutes to put together (no baking required!) and is a Mother’s Day craft that no chocolate-loving mama can resist.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to make one for your mom. After all, she deserves only the very best.
Materials for a DIY candy bouquet
- Crinkled filler paper
- Lollipop sticks
- Green candy-striped straws
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Candy bar pretzels
- Mini brownie cakes
Instructions for a DIY candy bouquet
1. Cut a piece of Styrofoam so that it fits snugly into your vase. Push the Styrofoam block into the base of the vase.
2. Fill the vase with crinkled filler paper in the color of your choice. Make sure to completely cover the top and sides of the Styrofoam so that the white color doesn’t peek through.
3. Pierce different-sized lollipop sticks into the Styrofoam in the spots where you want your candy flowers to go. Using both small and large lollipop sticks will give your arrangement height and dimension.
4. Stick one green candy-striped straw into the base of each mini brownie cake and chocolate-covered strawberry. Then, take the skewered brownies and strawberries and start arranging them in the vase by placing them on top of the lollipop sticks, just like a flower head. (The lollipop stick should go into the hole at the bottom of the straw.) This will securely anchor the treats to the Styrofoam and hold them up straight.
5. Take a few candy bar pretzels and stick them straight into the filler paper to fill up any empty spots in the vase.
6. Tie a ribbon around the vase to make your sugary bouquet more realistic!
If you’re not the DIY type, don’t worry. You can still show your mom how sweet she is by sending her a delicious, readymade Mother’s Day fruit bouquet instead. It’s overflowing with Mom’s favorite fruit, and it will hook her up with her chocolate fix, too!