Here are a few more ideas to inspire you to “think outside of the vase” to create floral arrangements that are uniquely yours!
FARM FRESH STYLE
Look no further than the produce department or your local farmers market for the most innovative and interesting vessels for your fresh cut flowers!
I have been making “asparagus vases” for many years for events both big and small. Everyone is always so impressed and excited to see how easy it is to re-create. A single bunch of asparagus can make the simplest bouquet, like these Black-eyed Susan’s straight from my garden, a stand-out star!
All you need to do is:
- Take the rubber band that comes around the bunch of asparagus and put it around a regular kitchen/beverage glass
- Cut the ends of the asparagus slightly
- Place each asparagus spear one at a time between the glass and the rubber band
- Fill the glass with water
- Tie some raffia or a ribbon around the glass to cover up the rubber band and add another decorative element
Another approach is to the scoop out the inside of a vegetable and arrange your flowers right inside for a delightful, whimsical look!
Be creative, work with what’s in season, and just have fun with it!