The results are in — 33% of Americans say spring is their favorite season! And honestly, we couldn’t agree more! The weather is perfect, the trees are blooming, and tulips sprout from their bulbs just waiting to greet you — what’s not to love? In honor of spring’s arrival, we’re sharing a few facts about everyone’s (or at least 106 million people’s) favorite season — spring!
- This year, the first day of spring will be on March 20.
- The first day of spring is known as the vernal equinox.
- In Latin, the word vernal means “spring” and equinox means “equal night.”
- The Latin word for “season” is sationem, meaning “seed time.”
- Attention all lovebirds! We hate to say it, but we may have some bad news for you. According to a Facebook study, early spring is when couples are the most likely to break up.
- The spring equinox is one of only two times (the other being the fall equinox) when the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- If you were to stand on the equator during either the spring or fall equinox, you would see the sun pass directly over the top of your head. Continue Reading…