Think you know everything about matters of the heart? Guess again! There’s a lot more to that weak-in-the-knees feeling you get every time you lay your eyes on that someone special. To honor the arrival of Valentine’s Day, here are some little-known fun love facts, excerpted from the exclusive 1-800-Flowers book, Celebrating Love: Share, Remember, Cherish from founder Jim McCann. You’ll never look at your love the same way again!
Fun Love Facts
- Being in love produces the same physiological responses as fear: pupil dilation, sweaty palms, and increased heart rate.
- Men who kiss their wives each morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
- Medical experts suggest you are more likely to catch a common cold by shaking hands than by kissing.
- Love and marriage are boosts for your health, so much so that one doctor admitted that if a new drug had the same impact, virtually every doctor in the country would be recommending it.
- According to research, love at first sight is not just a fairy tale. If a person is in the right emotional frame of mind, it can take as little as 30 seconds to fall in love. Physical appearance tops the list for attraction, but a desire to know more about the person is another factor. Interestingly, men fall first but are usually the most fickle, a sign that it is possible to fall in love with more than one person at a time.
Which fun love fact is most surprising to you?