Learn how to make Santa’s hat out of strawberries and flowers!
Everyone loves Santa and everyone loves Santa’s hat! Put one on and it’s an instant party! Anyone can wear one – young or old, big or little, animal or human! Don’t believe me? Check out our truly original Santa Paws a-DOG-able and see for yourself!
I decided to have a little fun with Santa’s hat and make one entirely out of fresh flowers to complement the mini hats that we made out of fresh strawberries. These are great ideas that are so easy and will make you look like quite the “hostess with the mostess” at your holiday brunch for the girls! Include a little spiked peppermint hot chocolate and let the merriment begin!
How to Make the Santa Hat Floral Centerpiece
Materials you’ll need for the flower Santa hat:
- Red and white carnations
- Floral foam – cone shape
Flower Santa Hat Step-by-Step:
1. Thoroughly soak the floral foam by letting it float in a sink full of water until it has fully absorbed the water before placing it on a flat dish or a low bowl slightly larger the the foam. I used 9” x 4” floral foam cone by Oasis and a 6” clear design dish.
2. Cut the carnations stem to a length of about 3” and insert into the foam starting with the white ones to form the “fur” trim at the bottom of the hat. Leave one carnation for the pom-pom at the top.
3. Add the red carnations all the way around until you have completely covered the foam. Finishing off with the white one on the top.
4. You can add a few sprigs of evergreens to the base and a little at the top if you feel that it needs it as a finishing touch.
5. Keep your Santa hat centerpiece in a cool location, adding an ice cube to the dish everyday and it should stay fresh for more then a week!
DIY Santa Hat Strawberries with Marshmallows & Coconuts!
These sweet little pop in your mouth treats are so easy to make you’ll find that you keep making more – for yourself, your family, friends, co-workers… Or you can find lots of delicious dipped strawberries to send this holiday at our 1-800-Flowers and Fruit Bouquet sites.
* White melting chocolate
* Coconut flakes
* Mini marshmallows
Santa Hat Strawberries Step-by-Step:
Remove the green stem from the strawberry. Don’t cut it off just gently pull it away from the strawberry.
Dip the larger end of the strawberry into the bowl of melted white chocolate covering about a fifth to a quarter of the strawberry.
Immediately hold the dipped strawberry over a bowl of shredded coconut and using a spoon drop the coconut flakes onto the melted chocolate on the strawberry. Place on a plate dipped side down.
The last step is to dip a mini marshmallow into the melted white chocolate and then place on top of the strawberry to complete the Santa hat. As the chocolate cools and hardens it will hold the marshmallow onto the strawberry.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
It’s all about the presentation! I used a regular hot cocoa mix but made it look fantastic by serving it in a monogrammed mason jar mug (available at 1800flowers.com), garnished the rim with crushed candy canes and topped it off with marshmallows and a candy cane. The candy cane alone will add a peppermint flavor to the hot chocolate or you could add 3 drops of peppermint oil per glass. Better yet include a shot of peppermint schnapps to the hot chocolate to help chase away that winter chill!