In honor of the holiday season, we at 1800Flowers.com thought we’d share some of our creative juices with you in the form of a DIY! We had one of our floral designers show us how he creates the Very Merry Modern Centerpiece. So, roll up your sleeves & get into the Christmas spirit with a festive DIY Christmas centerpiece for your home!
- Greens: Noble Fir,Cedar, White Pine
- Flowers: Green Hydrangea, White Spray Roses, Red Spray Roses
- Accents: Pinecones, Hypericum, Ornaments (optional)
- Floral Foam
- Flower Shears
- Floral Tape
- Glass Cube Vase
- Tea Light Candle or Flameless Candle
- Wood Floral Picks
1. Soak a piece of square floral foam in water.
3. Clip off some Christmas greens and start arranging your clippings around the base. We started with the noble fir.
4. Put the glass cube vase on top of the floral foam secured by a few pieces of greenery.
5. Continue to fill in the arrangement with the noble fir & cedar to cover up most of the base & floral foam.
6. Add pine cones by taking your wooden floral picks and attaching the pine cone by wrapping it with wire. Add the pinecones in clusters of 2 or 3.
7. Add your flowers going from big to small. Start with the green hydrangea and then the red & white spray roses. Add the spray roses in clusters of 3 or 4.
8. Pull the leaves off of the hypericum berries and arrange them around the pine cones and green areas to add a splash of color.
9. Add ornaments the same way you would the pine cones by wrapping wire around the ornament and wood floral pick. Fill in any remaining empty spaces.
10. Admire your finished centerpiece and WOW guests!