In honor of the holiday season, we at 1800Flowers.com thought we’d share some of our creative juices with you in the form of a DIY! We had one of our floral designers show us how he creates the Very Merry Modern Centerpiece. So, roll up your sleeves & get into the Christmas spirit with a festive DIY Christmas centerpiece for your home!
- Greens: Noble Fir,Cedar, White Pine
- Flowers: Green Hydrangea, White Spray Roses, Red Spray Roses
- Accents: Pinecones, Hypericum, Ornaments (optional)
- Floral Foam
- Flower Shears
- Floral Tape
- Glass Cube Vase
- Tea Light Candle or Flameless Candle
- Wood Floral Picks
- Soak a piece of square floral foam in water.
- Tape your floral foam into your round base to keep it secure as you insert your greens & flowers
- Clip off some Christmas greens and start arranging your clippings around the base. We started with the noble fir.
- Put the glass cube vase on top of the floral foam secured by a few pieces of greenery.
- Continue to fill in the arrangement with the noble fir & cedar to cover up most of the base & floral foam.
- Add pine cones by taking your wooden floral picks and attaching the pine cone by wrapping it with wire. Add the pinecones in clusters of 2 or 3.
- Add your flowers going from big to small. Start with the green hydrangea and then the red & white spray roses. Add the spray roses in clusters of 3 or 4.
- Pull the leaves off of the hypericum berries and arrange them around the pine cones and green areas to add a splash of color.
- Add ornaments the same way you would the pine cones by wrapping wire around the ornament and wood floral pick. Fill in any remaining empty spaces.
- Admire your finished centerpiece and WOW guests!