Raise your flags up high…it’s almost time to celebrate the Fourth of July!
Salute the stars and stripes with a firecrackin’ fun decoration for your front door. This DIY 4th of July wreath is surprisingly easy to make: All you need is some American flag toothpicks and a Styrofoam wreath, and you’re ready to show off your patriotic spirit.
Here’s how you can make one of your own.
Materials for DIY 4th of July wreath
- American flag toothpicks
- Patriotic umbrella toothpicks
- Styrofoam wreath
How to Make a DIY 4th of July Wreath
- Start with a brand new Styrofoam wreath.
- Carefully open the umbrella toothpicks and stick them onto the front face of the Styrofoam wreath, overlapping them to ensure the Styrofoam does not peek through any uncovered spots.
- Stick the American flag toothpicks into the exposed Styrofoam along the outside rim of the wreath. Make sure to vary the flags in height to give the wreath depth.
- Prop up the wreath on your front door and put your pride on display as you welcome your party guests this Independence Day!
Where else would you hang this star-spangled 4th of July decoration? Here are some more ideas on how to decorate your home with a wreath.