Both color and scent have emotional components to them. They can help to cheer you up or calm you down. They can trigger a memory or help to bring balance to your life. Here are a few facts about various colors and scents that you might find interesting along with fresh floral examples of each.
- Yellow wakes up the room like the rising sun and is the feng shui color of sunlight. It is cheerful and uplifting. Yellow always lightens and brightens any space, as well as creates a cozy and welcoming feeling.
- Any dull, dark room with little sunlight will greatly benefit from yellow. It can help compensate for the lack of light and bring in the gentle warmth of the sun.
- Color researchers believe the color yellow increases self-esteem and can strengthen the overall well-being.
Put some yellow in your life when you want:
- clarity for decision-making
- relief from ‘burnout’, panic, nervousness, exhaustion
- sharper memory and concentration skills
- protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather
- Green is the color of nature, fertility and life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony.
Put some green in your life when you want:
- a new state of balance
- feel a need for change or growth
- freedom to pursue new ideas
- protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others
Blue is the coolest color on the color wheel. It is the color of the sky, ocean, sleep and twilight.
A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue is a calming color. That makes it a wonderful color to use in the home, especially for babies. Blue is so soothing that is a good color choice for pajamas.
Put some blue in your life when you want:
- calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
- to open the flow of communication
- to broaden your perspective in learning new information
- solitude and peace
Lavender – The scent of lavender helps reduce stress. Lavender is great for headaches and general relaxation.
Mint – The benefits of mint include: soothing, cleansing, calming, refreshing and purifying.
Rosemary – Rosemary not only pleases the eye with its beautiful blue-grey flowers, but most of all pleases the mind with its symbolic qualities. Rosemary represents friendship, love and fidelity. It is said that the scent of rosemary can help improve your memory.