Remember when we decked the halls with tissue paper flowers? Well, now it’s time to put a fancy twist on an old favorite. The most romantic day of they year is almost here, so let’s get your house ready for Cupid’s arrival by showing you how to make tissue paper roses! They bring a beautiful handcrafted touch to your Valentine’s Day décor, and they even make a charming gift for that someone special. Here’s how to make them:
Materials for DIY Tissue Paper Roses
* Red tissue paper (one sheet makes two roses)
* Wooden skewers (one per rose)
* Clear adhesive tape
* Green adhesive tape
* Twine or ribbon
Valentines DIY Craft: How to Make Tissue Paper Roses
- Take one sheet of red tissue paper and crumple it into a ball. Carefully open the sheet again and flatten it out, making sure not to rip it.
- Lay the tissue paper vertically and cut it in half, from bottom to top.
- Fold each cut piece in half vertically twice to create a longer, skinnier rectangle.
- Turn the rectangle so that it’s lying horizontally with the folded side at the top. Pinch one of the bottom corners and gently roll the tissue paper inward toward the opposite corner. Continue Reading…