#SpreadTheLove VALENTINE’S SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ENTRY PERIODS: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® 2016 #SpreadTheLove Valentine’s Sweepstakes (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 PM EST on Monday 2/1/2016 and ends at 11:59 AM EST on Sunday 2/14/2016 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: You must be 18 or older and have or open an account on Facebook.com to participate in the Sweepstakes. Accounts are free and can be opened by visiting Facebook.com.
THREE EASY STEPS:
During the entry period, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM will post six (6) different Valentine’s related questions on its Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/1800flowers/?fref=ts.
Steps one: Check out the questions. They will be posted approximately
Monday 2/1/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Wednesday 2/3/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Friday 2/5/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Monday 2/8/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Wednesday 2/10/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Friday 2/12/16 – 12:00 PM EST
Step 2: Review and accept the Official Rules. The Official Rules are located in the first comment of the question post and you must “Like” the comment to acknowledge that you accept and agree to the Official Rules
Step 3: Respond to the question(s) and use Hashtags “#SpreadTheLove and #Sweepstakes
You may answer any of the questions at any time during the Entry period. You may only answer each question once for an Entry with a maximum of six Entries per person possible (one per each question).
2.1. ENTRY CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Entries received a) each must be unique and created exclusively by the entrant submitting b) cannot have been previously entered into a sweepstakes, contest or have been published c) cannot not be awaiting publication nor may it be submitted for publication consideration during or after the Entry Period; and d) the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Entries must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- We are a family friendly company so each Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where submission is created.
2.2 ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Sweepstakes are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering on Facebook.com and using the promoted hashtags (#SpreadTheLove & #Sweepstakes) you understand that a) the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use your entry and excerpts of your entry (including photos) in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries or portions thereof on its website, blogs, social media accounts/pages, advertising. etc; b) you have acquired all permissions necessary and grant any and all necessary rights and licenses to use you entry as provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and c) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
One (1) winner will receive the Grand prize of a Windows Surface Pro tablet (Surface Pro 4 256GB i7) with an ARV of $1,799.00 USD and a Surface Pro 4 Type Cover Black with an ARV of $129.00. Total ARV of the Grand prize is $1928.00 USD.
- WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner will be randomly selected at the close of the Entry Period from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Drawing will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Prize will be awarded and potential winner will be notified by email. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prize are unavailable. Limit one prize per entrant during the Sweepstakes.
- GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook.com account associated with the submitted entry. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry who have or open an account on facebook.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit the Winners Section from approximately 2/16/16 through 3/16/16.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes are 800-FLOWERS, INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
- GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.com. By entering entrants release Facebook.com from any and all liability with regards to the Sweepstakes
© 2016 800-FLOWERS, INC.