Enter for a chance to win a trip for 2 to Las Vegas to see a Cirque du Soleil show!
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following: 2 round trip economy airfares from the airport nearest to the winner to Las Vegas. 1 standard room for 2 for 2 nights at an MGM Resorts property. 2 tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show.
How to Enter for a Chance to Win in 2 Easy Steps:
Step 1: Completely fill out the form below to accept the terms and conditions which are listed below the form; then…
Step 2: Post a photo of you and a loved one on Facebook or Twitter for Valentine’s Day, tag 1800FLOWERS, and include the hashtags #VDayInBloom & #Sweepstakes.
- On Facebook: Post a photo of you and a loved one on Facebook, tag 1-800-Flowers.com in your photo, and add the hashtags #VDayInBloom & #Sweepstakes.
- On Twitter: Post a photo of you and a loved one on Twitter and tag @1800flowers in the text that accompanies the photo along with the hashtags #VDayInBloom & #Sweepstakes.
Terms & Conditions for the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Valentine’s 2017 Carle Place Employee Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS (INCLUDING APO/FPO ADDRESSES) OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE
EMPLOYEE’S OF 1-800-FLOWERS.COM WORKING IN THE CARLE PLACE OFFICES. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
2. SPONSOR: 800-Flowers, Inc. (“1-800-Flowers”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents (including APO/FPO addresses) of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico), who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry who are current employees of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM working in the Carle Place offices. Void where prohibited by law. All United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins on February 13, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. EST and ends on February 18, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period“).
There are Two (2) Steps to Enter
Step 1: An email will be sent out to 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Carle Place employees with a link to a sweepstakes entry form. Follow the link and completely fill out the form; then
Step 2: Post a photo of you and a loved one on Facebook and tag 1800FLOWERS in the photo and include the hashtags #VDayinBloom & #Sweepstakes in the text OR post a photo of you and a loved one on Twitter and tag @1800FLOWERS in the text that accompanies the photo along with the hashtags #VDayinBloom & #Sweepstakes (collectively an “Entry“).
Limit of One (1) Entry Per Person. Entrants must have or open an account on Facebook.com or Twitter.com in order to enter as detailed above. Facebook and Twitter accounts are free and can be opened at Facebook.com and Twitter.com respectively. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter Sweepstakes are prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. (collectively an “Entry” or “Entries“)
4.1 Entry Content Restrictions:
a. The Entry must be a picture you of you with a loved one. Picture must not have any other individuals in it;
b. You must have the permission of the person who took the photo and of all people in the photo to use the photo as an Entry to this Sweepstakes and further to use it pursuant to these Official Rules;
c. Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
d. The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
e. We are a family friendly company so each Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
f. Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
If you have a compatible mobile device and choose to use it to participate and enter the Sweepstakes, standard message and data rates may apply based on the terms and conditions of your wireless carrier’s plan. Other charges may apply, such as normal airtime and carrier charges, and may appear on your mobile device bill or be deducted from your mobile device prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on data rate plans and charges relating to you and your participation in this Sweepstakes.
Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, accounts, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries.
Entrants further agree that by entering, entrant complies with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. POTENTIAL WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected at random from among all eligible Entries received. Drawing on or about February 21, 2017 by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winners“). Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail (“Prize Notification“) and must respond by e-mail within five (5) calendar days of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline“), his/her full name, birth date, email address, phone number and zip code (“Information“) where Sponsor can contact the Grand Prize winner and confirm that winner is 21 years of age or older and an employee of Sponsor or one of its subsidiaries. Guest must be 21 years or older as well. If a Potential Winner does not provide the Information in response to the Grand Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries Sponsor received for the original drawing. Potential Winners will also be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner’s Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner a winner (“Grand Prize Winner“). Return of any Prize Notification or prizes will result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor or its designee from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. If an alternate Potential Winner is selected, Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 5 until a qualified Grand Prize Winner has been selected, if time permits. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the transmitting email address used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
2 round trip economy airfares from the airport nearest to the winner to Las Vegas. 1 standard room for 2 for 2 nights at an MGM Resorts property. 2 tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $2,200 USD
Total ARV of all prizes is $2,200.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS:
• Transportation to airports, bag fees, telephone calls, dining and anything not specially stated above is not included.
• Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
• Winner may be required to provide a credit card to cover incidentals and related expenses at the time of hotel booking or check-in. Winner and guest must sign and return a publicity release before hotel arrangements are made. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must have all necessary identification. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by any persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Grand Prize Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
• No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or transport. Failure to redeem the prize does not relieve the applicable winner of his or her tax obligations associated with winning the prize. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winners for the actual value of the prizes received
• Release: By entering, participants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each such party’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy.
• Prize must be redeemed for travel within one year from February 28, 2017 – January 31st, 2018 and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
• Please note: This prize is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. Reservations will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to the selected travel date. Sponsor reserves the right to relocate any confirmed prize winner from their hotel of choice to an alternate hotel based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.
• BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Selection and specifics of the Grand Prize will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. There is one Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Grand Prize is at Grand Prize Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prize.
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of their prizes. Any additional expenses not included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, you understand that the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use the Entry and excerpts of the Entry in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including, but not limited to, posting Entry on its websites, blogs, social media pages and in any form of advertising. By submitting your Entry you grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain additional entries through fraudulent means by any method may void all of that Entrant’s Entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
10. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: In order to participate in this Sweepstakes, entrants will be required to supply certain information about themselves on the Sweepstakes entry pages. Sponsor has specified which information is mandatory in order to participate in the Sweepstakes.
11. INTERNET/MOBILE: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, including but not limited to failures of wireless, cellular, or Internet service providers, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Website, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer and mobile device online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (excluding any prizes awarded) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in and for the Eastern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in Nassau or Suffolk County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York..
14. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2017 800-Flowers, Inc.
Facebook and Twitter are not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of submissions or the administration of the Sweepstakes and is not involved with the Sweepstakes in any way.