You don't have to just dream about farm life in the French countryside, you can make your own delicious goat cheese at home! The Crumbly Goat Cheese Kit includes these carefully selected and tested supplies: -
- Instructions with Tips and Variations - Unlimited Email Support as Needed
- 2 Small French Cheese Molds
- Fine Mesh, 100% Cotton Cheesecloth also known as Butter Muslin
- Metal Probe Thermometer
- Gluten-free, Non-GMO Citric Acid
- Non-Iodized Flake Salt also known as Cheese Salt
What you need: Simply add goat milk, follow the simple illustrated instructions and in one hour you will be eating and sharing your very own fancy goat cheese! Make sure your store bought milk is not ultra-pasteurized or UHT, ultra-heat pasteurized.
- Dietary guidelines: The Crumbly Goat Cheese Kit is gluten-free and vegetarian friendly.
- Quantity: The Goat Cheese Kit makes 8 batches of cheese. A batch is about 6 - 8 oz (2 small wheels) so you have plenty of supplies to experiment with different herbs, shapes and recipes.
- Use the included molds to shape your cheese or hand roll small logs in herbs and enjoy! Good to know: This goat cheese is very versatile and great for beginners! It is light and mild.
- Perfect for an appetizer or after dinner treat with some fruit! Chevre means goat in French so it covers an endless variety of cheeses made of goat milk. The results with this kit will NOT be like the pungent aged French cheeses you may have encountered. Those take a bit more experience, more aging time, rennet and cultures. Note that a couple of the variations call for cow's milk products but the base recipe works great with good quality goat’s milk.
- ALLERGY NOTICE: The food items are all gluten-free but packaged in a room that may come in contact with wheat, soy, corn, nuts and other food allergens. Shelf life for the Crumbly Goat Cheese Kit is 5 years.